Tuesday 11 December 2012

Fear.

In this shoot I wanted to portray how the emotional side of mental illness impacts us, I wanted to show paranoia and how we can be afraid of what is not there. 


In these images I firstly took basic images of myself, I then took separate images of my arms reaching and grabbing. Then I added the two together to create this type of image where someone appears to be being attacked by a series of arms. Out of all these image this is my favourite one because of the positioning and number of hands, the image is not too over crowded it is simplistic. 



This image relates to more fighting your demons, instead of hiding away from your fears you face them . Again this is a very simplistic image because there is only two objects present, however I believe it has a strong symbolic meaning. If you face your fears then you wont be afraid anymore. 



Once again in this image I have showed someone shying away from the hands reaching out to grab them. With a mental illness many people can believe that surreal and non realistic things can harm them, however in reality non of it is true. I believe this image shows this as it clearly shows fear even though many of us would not be afraid of arms or hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment